Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2AM Chest-Bump gone Wrong


This weekend, I met my friends' British hallmate, Tom. Tom had a friend named Sean in town from England, and I went downtown to the Cathedral Quarter with the 2 of them. We went to a pub called the Duke of York, then to a club called Rain (where there was a total amoeba of people in a hallway , trying to cram into the bathrooms. Seriously, it'd never have been allowed in the States, it was such a fire hazard!) While we were waiting on an empty cab, I met a guy named Conan O'Brien (saw his ID, it was true). We couldn't catch a cab for the life of us, so we started walking home...

On our walk home, Sean was sort of skipping around and singing, and this Irishman coming towards us started to imitate Sean. They sort of skipped towards each other singing, got closer and closer, and then...I thought it was going to be a chest-bump, but..i watched as Sean literally threw this random Irishman into a trash bin on the street with one push. Everyone, I think even Sean, was really shocked and didn't know what to do --the Irishman was so surprised he just looked at Sean, with eyes full of want...and was like, "Why?...Why would you do this?" Sean was like, "I dont know. I'm as upset about it as you are. I do apologize,"
all British and proper-sounding, and helped him up. The poor guy tottered off, rubbing his head...I am still laughing.

Irish Slang of the Day: "Is that you?" (=are you leaving/done with whatever you're doing?)
"Wet the tea" (=make some tea)

1 comment: